Thursday, December 18, 2008

These are called featherdusters. They are worms with modified gills that feed on small particles in the water. I have around a billion of them in my tank. I named them all.

I forget what kind of mushrooms these are, but they are cool and blue/purple.

Random mound of zoanthids. I love these guys!

This is one of the more peaceful hermit crabs. This is a scarlet reef hermit. I have four of them in my tank.

This is a nice but aggressive yellowtail damsel. I'd take this guy out of my tank, but that is mission impossible.

This is a hairy mushroom magnified many times taken under actinic lighting.

This is an emerald crab. This is one of the few "real" crabs that I consider to be reef safe. Some crab species are fine when they are small and then become destructive as they mature.

I am back at photographing the tank. I have a real macro lens now and I have been trying to test it out.

No comments: